Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Houston, Tx...enough said.


So, I also visited my sister Kelly and her brood in Houston, Tx at the end of February. She lives in a very...uncluttered house with her 3 children...and Cory, her husband. Her latest addition is Grant Pierce. Above is a picture as to what she does when he spits up(which is often immediatly after he eats). She aims him towards the floor when she is burping him, then gets the Swiffer Wet Jet and gets to work. Piece of cake! It was a really fun trip and I didn't even have to pay my way out there.

This above picture is what I call "The Super Mom". I remember a time when Kelly was wild and unruly. Now look at her. Mrs. Mom. With the stroller and kids and cleaning...WOW.

Going anywhere is like packing for a weekend getaway. Unfortunatly, when we decided to all go to the park, including Cory, this meant Mom and I got stuck in the back of the "bus". At least it was a fast, quick ride, right? Of course, Cory left us at the park to go feed Grant at home and in the process, we got locked INSIDE the park, while Cory was locked OUTSIDE. WTF!

This was fun, Kelly picked us up from the airport, we went shopping, I got some beads, we had lunch and walking back to the car, huddled under my Mom's only TINY umbrella...ALAS! there is a flat tire. We got the tire down from under the car and in the midst of jacking it up, a nice maintence guy stopped to help. But, it was worth it to see Kelly on the ground getting dirty.

Story time with Grandma.

"Mom, take the picture! Everyone get over her, lets sit on this bench and get a nice picture." It wasn't to be.
Monkey boy, Noah.
Priceless picture of my Mom down on the floor playing with childrens toys.

Aurora, Noah and Cory( he is the big one) looking at the fish in the pond.

This was a cool park, up until the point we see a sign for a lake! How cool!Well, yes, we walk all the way down there (with kids, it's a long way) and behold, IT IS CLOSED. drained. no water. no ducks. On the bright side, there was some cool bamboo to hang around in.
Kids find a hidey hole.
Aurora " It's too bright."
Cool spider sculpture at the gardens.
Breakfast with Aunt Deedee.
And last, a wonderful shot of Kelly on the ground, should have put this one with Mom. Priceless.

All in all, it was a good trip. I had fun and found out, I'm so not ready to have childern, hehe.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to have kids one day! Far far FAR in the future lol. Have you ever watched Jon & Kate Plus 8? They seem like a handful but I'd love to teach and play with kids and watch them grow up.

    That spider statue looks a bit creepy! And that bamboo is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed, I have to say. Actually hardly ever do I encounter a weblog that's equally educative and entertaining, and let me inform you, you may have strike the nail on the head. Your concept is outstanding the issue is one thing that not sufficient individuals are speaking intelligently about. I am very joyful that I stumbled throughout this in my find for anything referring to this.
    car service airport
    Transportation Service to Galveston Cruise Terminal

    ReplyDelete